You are here
Welcome to the Saskatchewan branch of Editors Canada!
- Get Connected
- Take a Local Program
- Reap the Benefits
- Find a Local Editor
- Contact Us
- Related Organizations in Saskatchewan
- Want to know more about Editors Saskatchewan? Become part of our local network by joining our email lists. Connect at email@example.com.
- You'll receive
- information about local workshops,
- information about meetings and other professional development opportunities in Saskatchewan,
- information about special events, and
- the branch’s monthly digital newsletter.
- Come out to one of our local events to connect in person.
Editors Saskatchewan hosts a variety of professional development opportunities on topics of interest to editors, writers, and communicators.
Editors Saskatchewan offers two workshops each year: one in the fall and one in the spring. They are taught by experienced instructors and have been well received. Workshops we’ve offered in the past have covered core skills like copy editing and proofreading, and well-known courses like Jim Taylor’s Eight-Step Editing, as well as other useful subjects, such as plain language and creating content for the web. If you would like more information, email workshopSK@editors.ca.
We often meet casually, either at noon or in the evening, to discuss some aspect of working as an editor. These events are free and open to members and non-members.
Here are some of the benefits of being part of Editors Saskatchewan:
- Benefit from local networking.
- Take advantage of discounted rates for Editors Saskatchewan workshops and other professional development opportunities.
- Get a discount on McNally’s Reader Reward Card. Editors Saskatchewan is one of McNally Robinson’s Partners in Culture, which means our members can purchase the Reader Reward Card for $10 instead of $25. The card entitles you to a 10% discount on all regularly priced books and merchandise (in-store and online), as well as a 10% discount in the restaurant. You will also receive McNally Robinson’s print newsletter, which highlights great new books and keeps you informed of the literary scene in Manitoba and Saskatchewan.
- Get job opportunities delivered right to your inbox from our job hotline.
And then there are all the other benefits of belonging to a national association of professional editors!
Send your job description to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will broadcast your request to our membership. Interested editors will respond to you directly.
Editors Saskatchewan Branch Contact Information
Saskatoon, SK S7J 5H3
|Past Chair||Michelle Boulton|
|Workshops||Perry Millar, Michelle Boulton|
International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) in Saskatchewan
IABC has a chapter is Regina and Saskatoon. IABC is dedicated to raising the standard of communications and promoting the value of professional communications. There are more than 100 chapters around the world. The chapters help members connect with and learn from each other and act as a link to an international pool of professional knowledge and talent in the field of communications.
The Professional Writers Association of Canada (formerly the Periodical Writers Association of Canada) offers support for professional freelance writers who work in the magazine, newspaper, corporate, government, and book publishing industries. With local chapters in six national regions, including Saskatchewan at large, PWAC represents professional writers across Canada.
Saskatchewan Writers' Guild
The Saskatchewan Writers' Guild is a provincial organization representing writers in all disciplines, at all levels of development. With more than 500 members, the SWG is one of the largest writers' organizations in Canada. The mission of the Guild is to improve the status of writers in Saskatchewan.
Saskatoon Writers' Collective
The Saskatoon Writers’ Collective (formerly the Saskatoon Writers’ Coop) is a Saskatoon-based non-profit, volunteer organization created by writers for writers. Their mandate is to offer support and stimulation to the writers of Saskatoon and area.
SaskBooks (formerly Saskatchewan Publishers Group)
A not-for-profit organization dedicated to assisting Saskatchewan book publishers and promoting Saskatchewan-published resources, the Saskatchewan Publishers Group offers display, sales, promotion, and marketing opportunities to its member publishers.
- 1 week 6 days ago.