Introducing the speaker lineup for EAC Conference 2014— Tracking Change: e-Merging Methods and Markets!
With sessions on tablets, XML, graphic novels, branding, copyright, business planning, and more, this year's program promises to be an exciting look at the changing face of communication. Here's a look at just some of the stellar professional development sessions at EAC Conference 2014.
- How to Leverage LinkedIn to Showcase Your Editorial Expertise
- How to Achieve Financial Security in Your Business and Personal Life
- Tabula Rasa: Setting Content Free with Tablet Magazines
- An Introduction to Project Management
- Reading Pictures: How to Edit Graphic Novels
- New Editorial and Publishing Technologies
- No Longer Business as Usual: Copyright Issues in e-Merging Methods and Markets
- Do You Speak Brand? Learning to Love the Lingo!
Confirmed speakers and sessions are now listed on the conference website. More speakers and the full schedule will be added soon.
Register today for big savings! The early-bird deadline is Friday, April 11.
Want to come to the conference this year but worried you won't know anyone? Why not join our Conference Buddies program? Networking will be a lot easier and much more fun with some buddies by your side! Email the coordinator, Betty R. Robinson, by Friday, April 18.
Need a place to stay while you're in Toronto? EAC is offering a home-stay program to our visiting members. We're looking for both billeting hosts and guests who would like to take advantage of this program.
Contact billeting coordinator, Heather Catuiza, if you'd like to be part of Beds for Eds or if you have any questions about the program.
Hosting a session offers conference attendees the opportunity to interact with a speaker on a one-to-one basis and network with other conference volunteers. For more information about session hosting, contact Joanna Odrowaz, the session host coordinator.
Stay Up to Date
Follow the conference's social media channels for news and updates about this year's event:
- Facebook: Editors Association of Canada / Association canadienne des réviseurs
- Twitter: @eacconference and @eac_acr
See you in June!
Don't forget: Members of EAC, the Indexing Society of Canada, the Professional Writers Association of Canada, and the Association of Registered Graphic Designers, as well as MagNet's 2014 conference attendees, can save by registering by the Friday, April 11 early-bird deadline! Register now!
EAC thanks the sponsors of Conference 2014