You are here
The Editors' Association of Canada (Editors Canada) promotes professional development opportunities for editors and other communications professionals at its annual conference, held each spring. The weekend event offers 30 to 40 programmed sessions spread out over three days, which are led by experienced presenters and panelists from across Canada. Speakers include representatives from both print and online publishing as well as government, corporate, and non-profit communications experts. The Editors Canada conference is open to members and non-members alike, and all attendees can take advantage of networking opportunities, be it renewing old acquaintances or making new ones.
Attendees can partake in conference-related events beyond the sessions themselves, such as the opening and closing keynote speakers, a vendor fair, a welcome reception, and an awards banquet featuring presentations of prestigious Editors Canada awards: the Tom Fairley Award for Editorial Excellence, the Claudette Upton Scholarship, the President's Awards for Volunteer Service, and the Lee d'Anjou Volunteer of the Year Award. In addition to these events, attendees can also step away from the conference venue and enjoy programmed social gatherings and evening events celebrating local experiences and culture.
Join our mailing list
Want the latest news about the conference and other association news and events? Subscribe to our mailing list.
- Conference 2016—A Correction Connection
- Conference 2015—Editing Goes Global
- Conference 2014—Tracking Change: e-Merging Methods and Markets
- Conference 2013—Between the Lines
- Conference 2012—The Landscape of Canadian Language: Word Nerds Gone Wild
- Conference 2011—Editing in the Age of e-Everything
- Conference 2010—Reflections: Editing Content and Culture
- Conference 2009—Celebrating the Past, Charting the Future: The 30th Anniversary Conference
- Conference 2008—Editing in the Global Village
- Conference '007—Licence to Edit
- Conference 2006—Cultivating Diversity
- Conference 2005