There are just over three weeks left before Conference 2006 in Vancouver begins on June 9. We'd like to remind you about all of the activities that are part of the conference. Nearly everything is available both to EAC/ACR members and to non members (for a slightly higher fee):
- There are five separate pre-conference workshops running on Friday, June 9. You may register for those that interest you either in conjunction with or separately from the rest of the events.
- Friday evening there is a reception beginning at 6:00—conference registrants each get a free ticket to the reception, and extras are available for guests for $20 each.
- Saturday, June 10 begins with the keynote address by Wayson Choy, followed by eight sessions on topics ranging from translation and working alone to mentoring and "extreme editing." There is also the Editors' Town Hall and the EAC/ACR Annual General Meeting (members only).
- Saturday evening includes a banquet at the Vancouver Rowing Club and the presentation of the Tom Fairley Award for Editorial Excellence.
- On Sunday, June 11, there are five further sessions, the Senior Editors' Roundtable, and the closing plenary on editorial ethics, concluding at 3:30.
The modest fees ($300 for EAC/ACR members, $450 for non-members) for registration
provide great value—not to mention a wonderful excuse to visit Vancouver on the cusp of summer. Why not join us
posted by Derek @ 1:12 PM