Stay Here: Accommodation in Vancouver
We will update this page regularly before the Conference with information about discounted accommodations and other suggested places to stay. Please watch our Conference 2006 home page (or subscribe to our RSS feed) for the latest updates about this and other pages on the site.
YWCA Hotel, Downtown Vancouver
A discounted rate has been negotiated for the Editors' Association of Canada at:
The YWCA Hotel
733 Beatty Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 2M4
Negotiated rates are from $55.00 to $121.00 Cdn, approximately 10% less than regular rates, depending on the type of room. All rooms are private with private or shared bathroom facilities. Facilities include laundry, kitchens, internet access, coffee shop, guest lounges, and free access to their fitness centre on Hornby Street (15-min walk away) where you will find a 25-meter ozonated swimming pool, a steam room, a whirlpool, and a gym.
Call 1-800-663-1424 or Visit www.ywcahotel.com for reservations. Indicate that you are attending the Editors' Association Conference to receive the negotiated rate.
Comfort Inn Downtown Vancouver
The Comfort Inn Downtown is located in the heart of the shopping and entertainment district of Vancouver. We are offering a run-of-the-house rate of $139.00 per room.
Rooms include the following:
- High-speed Internet
- Individual room controls for air conditioning and heat
- Voice mail and data port
- Hair dryers and irons
- Electronic key locks
- Newspaper each morning
- Cable Television with remote
- Complimentary VIP nightclub passes to the Roxy, The Cellar, and Doolin's Irish Pub
- Complimentary passes to Fitness World
- A deluxe complimentary continental breakfast
654 Nelson Street
After a $10 million renovation, the Comfort Inn Downtown opened its doors in August, 2002. This 82 room heritage boutique hotel offers high speed internet access, voicemail and more. Experience a taste of Ireland in our traditional Irish restaurant and Pub. Located in the heart of Vancouver's shopping and entertainment district.
Executive Hotel Vintage Park
We are offering a discounted rate and complimentary shuttle service to SFU Harbour Centre.
- Deluxe rooms - $149 per night
- One bedroom fully furnished apartment - $200 per night
- Two bedroom fully furnished apartment - $275 per night
Take our virtual tour and see our Newly Renovated Property. Our Hotel Tower is in the heart of Vancouver's business and entertainment district, adjacent to False Creek and English Bay.
- We are 15 minutes from the International Airport.
- 130 Luxury Apartments and Deluxe Rooms with an absolutely spectacular panoramic views of waterscapes, city and mountain skylines.
- 9th floor reception room for up to 120 people.
- Complete leisure facilities and business centre.
- Complimentary shuttle service to the downtown core.
Luxury Apartment Amenities
- One or two bedroom apartment with sofa bed in living room
- Separate bedroom, living room, dining area and kitchen
- 5 piece kitchen with dishwasher, oven, microwave and utensils for up to 6 people
- In-suite washer, dryer, iron, and ironing board, safe and storage
- Floor to ceiling windows, some suites have balconies or enclosed sun rooms
- Complimentary in-room coffee
- Alarm clock/radio
Delta Vancouver Suites
The rate offer is valid from June 5, 2006 to June 15, 2006.
The Delta Vancouver Suites is a full service, 224 all suite property designed for the business traveller, located in the Heritage District of downtown Vancouver, minutes from the Harbour (Seabus and Skytrain stations), historic Gastown and trendy Yaletown (nightlife, shops and dining) and the Vancouver Convention & Exhibition Centre. This innovative “state of the art” hotel exudes sophisticated elegance, while reflecting the surrounding heritage district. All the suites are deluxe in size and amenities, with the Signature Club Suites offering additional deluxe features.
Rates for EAC 2006 Conference Cultivating Diversity are based upon availability at time of booking.
|Room Type||Single||Double||Extra Person|
|Signature Club Suite||$274.00||$274.00||+$20.00|
- Please be advised that all suites are quoted in Canadian Funds. They are subject to the Provincial Sales and the Federal Goods and Services Tax (currently 10% and 7% respectively) and are net, non-commissionable.
- Please note that these negotiated group rates are available (subject to space availability) for individuals arriving up to 3 days before the contracted Conference Dates and up to 3 days after.
- Valet parking is $19.50 for 24hrs (includes taxes and in & out access). Self Parking is $2 every 1⁄2 hour, up to a maximum of $8.50 between 0600 – 1800, or $11.00 between 0900 – 1800. $5.00 between 1800 – 0600 everyday, and weekend days 0600 – 1800 is $4.00 (includes taxes but does not include in & out access). *Subject to Change
- All overnight guests of the hotel enjoy complimentary use of the Fitness Centre. All reservations must be made with a valid major credit card number and expiry date, or an advance deposit for the first night’s room and tax.
The group rate and guest rooms are subject to availability and are not guaranteed. Individual reservations can be made by contacting the in-house Reservations directly at 604.689.8188 or e- mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling our Central Reservations Office at 1.800.268.1133. Callers must mention the group name “EAC Conference Cultivating Diversity” to ensure they receive the appropriate rate and are included in the guest suite block. Requests can also be made through Delta Hotels & Resorts web page at www.deltahotels.com.