Get Here: Transport to Vancouver
We will update this page and the Conference home page with the latest information when available.
Section links (further down this page):
Travel By Air
Please use booking code #CV060274 when booking via Air Canada. The airline provides discounted airfare to and from Vancouver for our Conference in June 2006. More information is available in the following PDF files:
To book with Air Canada, contact your travel agent or phone direct, toll free, at 1-800-361-7585
WestJet has provided EAC members with the booking code QC #3333 for Conference 2006 in Vancouver from June 9–11, 2006, with a 10% discount off the airline's best available regular fare at the time of the booking (excluding seat sales). Two booking forms are available as downloadable files:
- Fax form - printable PDF file (please send via fax to 1-800-582-7072)
- E-mail form - editable Microsoft Word document (please e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Details of booking, cancellation, and travel policies are available in the WestJet Travel Promise document (PDF).
For flight schedule information, please visit the Web site at www.westjet.com.
- To receive the 10% discount, attendees must make their travel arrangements through the WestJet Specialty Sales Team and quote the account number at the time of booking.
- Discounted rates are available for travel up to 3 days prior and 3 days after the event (June 6 through 14, 2006).
- For travel outside of these dates, WestJet offers the best available fare at the time of booking.
- Fares are not applicable to group travel. For groups of 10 or more travelling together, please contact WestJet for fare information.
- In addition to those lodgings listed on this site's Stay Here page, WestJet also has preferred hotel partners: the Travelodge (1-866-860-0285), Ramada (1-866-511-2777) and Delta (1-866-674-8461).
- WestJet's preferred car rental partner is Budget (1-888-310-8855). RBC Insurance (1-866-812-3935) also offers travel insurance in conjunction with WestJet.
WestJet serves the Canadian cities of Victoria, Comox, Vancouver, Abbotsford/Fraser Valley, Prince George, Kelowna, Calgary, Edmonton, Grande Prairie, Fort McMurray, Saskatoon, Regina, Winnipeg, Thunder Bay, London, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, Moncton, Halifax, Windsor, Montréal, Charlottetown and St. John's. WestJet also serves the 12 U.S. cities of San Francisco, Los Angeles, Palm Springs, Phoenix, Tampa Bay, Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, San Diego, Fort Myers, Las Vegas, Maui and Honolulu.
For more information about WestJet, phone 1-888-493-7853.
Travel By Road
Avis Car Rentals
Please use booking code #J658324:
|Full Size 2 Door||D||56.99||277.99||46.99|
|Full Size 4 Door||E||56.99||277.99||46.99|
- The above rates are guaranteed in Canadian Dollars. Return to the same renting location or additional surcharges may apply. All rates include unlimited free kilometers. Weekend daily rates are available from noon Thursday - Monday at 11:59 P.M. (vehicle must be checked out by 3:00 PM Sunday).
- Rates available from June 02, 2006 to June 18, 2006.
- Should a lower qualifying rate become available at the time of booking, Avis is pleased to offer a 5% discount off the lower qualifying rate or the meeting rate, whichever is lowest. The attendee must use the assigned Meeting Avis Discount Number and meet Avis rate requirements to receive the discount. (Rate discounts are available at all corporate and participating licensee locations.)
- Seven free day certificates for every 20 rentals using the Meeting Avis Discount Number will be provided. The free day certificates are valid for compact through 4-door full size cars.
- Rates do not include any state or local surcharges, tax, optional coverages or gas refueling charges. Renter must meet Avis’ age, driver, and credit requirements.
- Reservations can be made by calling 1-800-331-1600 or online at www.avis.com.
Travel By Rail
VIA Rail Canada Inc.
1240 Main Street
Moncton, New Brunswick
Canada, E1C 0E6
Trade Desk Tel: 1-800-361-8010
Fax : 1-506-859-3943
or in Canada 1-800-454-0444
The following are the details pertinent to your special fare:
- VALID: June 01 – 20, 2006
- Note: Added a few days to beginning and end of conference for delegates who may wish to arrive early and/or stay later.
- TERRITORY: VIA Rail Canada System Wide to/from Vancouver, British Columbia
- RESTRICTIONS: Fare applies to maximum of two passengers per purchase
- DISCOUNT: 35% discount off the full adult economy class, minimum fare $15.00. 5% discount off the full adult VIA-1 first class and/or sleeper fare.
- IDENTIFICATION: Participants will make verbal reference to Promo Number 10670.
- FOR SCHEDULE/FARE INFORMATION, ETC: PLEASE CALL: 1-888-842-7245