You are here
Krysia P. Lear
The Editorial Suite
- President's Award (2010)
- Certified Proofreader (2006)
Editors Canada Volunteer Participation
- Certification (2011, 2012)
- Conference (2011, 2015)
- Publications (2011, 2014, 2015)
- Kitchener-Waterloo-Guelph Twig (2012, 2013, 2015)
A seasoned editor, I collaborate with clients to make papers, reports, books and manuals clear, polished and effective.
I do language editing for papers and books translated into English, improve the usability of manuals, and help clients bring their memoirs and books to life.
As for subjects, I work in a wide range of fields ranging from science, health care, and history to discipleship, Christianity and commentaries on the Bible.
I keep complex ventures on track, like taking books and manuals from concept to ready for design.
Strong editorial skills, strategic thinking, and sound judgment help make me an effective editor. My qualification as a Certified Proofreader speaks to my attention to detail.
“I love the way you take what I have written or spoken and make it so much better,” wrote the executive director of a not-for-profit.
"You've made an important contribution," said another client.
Additional subject areas include personal development, business, and volunteering. I've worked for independent authors, not-for-profits, editing agencies, magazines, publishers and evangelical Christian and Catholic organizations. I've studied editing at Ryerson University and have a bachelor's degree in Theology -- and yes it comes in handy.
For more on my qualifications and past projects, check out www.editorialsuite.com
- Consulting and manuscript evaluation
- Copy editing
- Developmental or project editing
- Editing translations
- On-screen editing
- Plain language
- Production editing
- Research and fact-checking
- Structural and substantive editing
- Stylistic editing
- Academic papers and essays
- Books, general
- Books, self-help
- Books, self-published
- Briefs, précis, and executive summaries
- Educational materials, general
- Manuals and how-to books
- Proposals and evaluations
- Reference materials, general
- Reports, other
- Résumés and CVs
- Theses and dissertations
- Trade non-fiction
- Developing countries
- Ecology and environment
- Health and medicine, general
- History, Canadian
- Humanities, general
- Psychology and mental health
- Religion and spirituality
- Social sciences
- Society, general