Time: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
You are here
Time: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Registration fees (includes lunch, snacks, and HST):
- EAC member: $275
- Non-member: $400
If you write and edit documents, this course will show you how to use Word efficiently to accomplish proper usage of an editing tool. Microsoft Word enables you to do more than simple word processing.
You will also take away a comprehensive manual with much more information for you to continue your editor’s journey.
In this seminar, you will learn:
- Tips and tricks: using common keyboard shortcuts, quick parts, linking text boxes, creating macros to simplify repetitive tasks,
- Collaboration tools: using balloons, comments, page views, tracking revisions, protecting documents and revisions, working with multiple documents
- Styles: understanding styles, applying a style, changing the style, removing a style from text, using the apply styles window
- Changing your styles: changing style set, changing the colour scheme, changing the font scheme, making changes permanent
- Using the styles pane: using and applying styles, modifying a style, modifying styles pane options
- Doing more with styles: creating styles from existing text, using the style inspector, managing styles
- Creating and inserting tables, editing tables, formatting tables, working with table data
- Working with and editing pictures
- Creating headers and footers: using pre-set options, editing headers and footers, using design options
- Generating a table of contents: using styles, working with references to create a table of contents, marking text using heading styles, inserting and updating a table of contents
- Creating references: adding footnotes and endnotes, editing and formatting endnotes and footnotes, using bookmarks, using cross-references
- Creating a bibliography: inserting citations, managing sources, inserting and updating a bibliography
We recommend that you bring a laptop with MS Word version 2010, 2013 or 2016 and MS Word 2016 for MAC computers.
Cécile Dubois is a Microsoft Office Certified instructor. She is an experienced corporate trainer who conveys a high level of preparation and enthusiasm in the classroom. Cécile teaches seminar participants how to use the applications to enhance their editing and writing.