Do you want to stand out from the crowd? Validate and affirm your editing skills? Help raise the status of editing and editors in Canada?
To succeed in today's competitive job market, you need to demonstrate your expertise. EAC Certification provides professional editors with official recognition of their high level of knowledge and skill—and a marketing advantage.
The Gold Standard of Editing
EAC's 2012 certification tests will be written on Saturday, November 17, 2012.
Two tests will be offered in 2012:
- Structural Editing
The Copy Editing test and the Stylistic Editing test will be offered in 2013.
The following test locations are planned: Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal and Halifax.
Visit www.editors.ca/certification for more information and to register online today.
Resources for Certification Success
EAC is pleased to offer publications designed to help you prepare for certification.
Certification Study Guides
EAC's recently revised study guides are the primary resources for anyone who wants to become a certified editor. Whether you use the guides for independent study or in a workshop setting, you will learn more about the knowledge, skills and judgment required to earn your EAC Certification credentials. The Proofreading, Copy Editing, Structural Editing and Stylistic Editing Study Guides are now available.
Meeting Professional Editorial Standards
Whether you're learning the craft of editing or you're an established professional looking to broaden your knowledge, this second edition, self-teaching and self-testing package is a must-have for any editor's bookshelf. All four volumes of Meeting Professional Editorial Standards are available now.
Reap the Benefits
If you're an editor, EAC Certification
- provides official recognition of your high level of knowledge and skill
- serves as a powerful marketing tool and may allow you to command a higher salary
- earns you the respect of your peers
- supports you in your search for professional development activities that ensure you continue to do excellent work
If you're an employer, EAC Certification
- ensures your staff meet industry standards for quality of work
- provides meaningful professional development opportunities for your employees—before and after they are certified
If you hire editors, EAC Certification
- allows you to hire employees and freelancers with the professional skills and knowledge you need
- makes the selection and hiring process easier
"My certification in copy editing gives employers confidence that I can handle a job correctly and with authority. Also, it has earned me respect from my peers."
Certified Copy Editor
English Editor, House of Commons
Contract Editor, The Conference Board of Canada
Issued on behalf of the EAC Certification Steering Committee and the EAC Publications Committee by the national office.