You are here
RPJ Scientific Communications
I am a freelance writer and editor who specializes in helping clients effectively communicate concepts and advances in biology, medicine, healthcare and agriculture. With a PhD in biochemistry/physiology and ongoing scientific and medical education courses, I am a writer who understands your science.
I have 10+ years experience writing and editing scientific content for government, academia and the private sector. I have published numerous first-author research papers, edited scientific manuscripts across a broad range of disciplines for clients around the world, contributed to multi-centre federal grant applications, written research reports to granting agencies, and have drafted evidence-based strategic reports for industry. I have also authored several successful scholarship and fellowship applications to prestigious Canadian granting institutions.
My clients include professional organizations, research institutes, academic scientists, physicians and doctoral students. After working with me, your scientific communications will be clear, concise and engaging - allowing your audience to grasp the significance and impact of your work.
Here’s what some of my colleagues and clients have to say about me and my work:
"Rosalyn's work is exemplary. We have used her services on a number of occasions for a whole range of science-based writing projects. She can easily grasp the subject matter and communicate it clearly to a broad audience. But more importantly, she just "gets it". She understands what you're looking for and gets the job done, professionally and on time."
- Dr. Tania Humphrey, Director of Strategic Planning and Research Development, Vineland Research and Innovation Centre
- Consulting and manuscript evaluation
- Copy editing
- Developmental or project editing
- On-screen editing
- Research and fact-checking
- Structural and substantive editing
- Stylistic editing
- Academic books and monographs
- Academic materials, general
- Academic papers and essays
- Business materials, general
- Conference materials
- Government materials, general
- Grant applications and fundraising
- In-house publications
- Proposals and evaluations
- Reports, annual
- Reports, other
- Textbooks, college and university
- Textbooks, elementary and high school
- Theses and dissertations
- Health and medicine, general
- Health care
- Life sciences
- Sciences, general