You are here
Writing and Editing for the Web
Registration fees (includes lunch, snacks, and HST):
- Editors Canada member: $275
- Non-member: $400
Because people read web and print copy differently, information for new media must be written, edited, and presented differently.
Topics for this workshop include
- Creating content that matters
- Deciding what to adapt from print, adding audio and video
- Understanding site hierarchy
- Getting your content noticed by understanding search engine optimization (SEO)
- Tips on how an editor can adapt one piece of information for multiple media platforms
Participants are encouraged to bring a laptop for this workshop.
Moira Rayner White entered the work world as a social worker and later moved into social policy. In both professions, she found that her organizational skills, attention to detail, and love of words were pointing her in a new direction—the world of editing. Currently a freelance editor, writer, and trainer with both public and private sector clients, she has decades of experience editing print and electronic publications. Moira is a past president of Editors Canada.