You are here
Welcome to Editors Hamilton-Halton!
The Hamilton-Halton region is driving economic growth in Ontario, providing new and exciting opportunities for professional editors in the area. As a chapter of Editors Canada, Editors Hamilton-Halton offers local members opportunities for professional development, networking, and socializing. Visit our blog or like us on Facebook for events, information, and discussion.
We kick off our 2016-2017 events season with our pub night for members, prospective members, and anyone who just wants to drop in and say hello. This informal event will be held at 6:00 pm on Thursday, September 15 at Emma's Back Porch in Burlington. Check out the Facebook event page for more details and to RSVP.
Editors Hamilton-Halton's regular meetings are held in the Community Room at Fortino's, 1059 Plains Road East in Burlington (the same plaza as IKEA). Meetings begin at 7:00 pm, and start with a half hour of socializing over coffee before our scheduled speaker or group activity.
Dates and Programs for 2016-2017
- Tuesday, September 27, 2016: Apps for improving productivity
- Tuesday, October 25, 2016: Editor/client relationships
- Tuesday, November 29, 2016: Negotiating fees
- Thursday, December 8, 2016: Christmas social (location to be decided)
- Tuesday, January 24, 2017: Bookkeeping tips for freelance editors
- Thursday, February 16, 2017: Editing web content
- Tuesday, March 14, 2017: Using social media to boost your business
- Tuesday, April 11, 2017: Networking skills (e.g., the “elevator pitch”)
- Tuesday, May 30, 2017: Annual General Meeting
Connect and Contact
To keep up with Editors Hamilton-Halton:
- like us on Facebook
- visit our blog
- contact the co-ordinators, Liz and Savanna, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Not an Editors Canada member yet?
We welcome professional editors, students, and anyone interested in the editing field. Events are open to non-members. Find out how to join Editors Canada, or attend one of our events to find out more.