The final schedule for Editors Canada's 2016 national conference is now available on the website! We have a fantastic program of sessions, as well as some exciting changes.
This year, the conference team and the national executive council have decided to hold the annual general meeting (AGM) at the beginning of the conference, rather than at the end of the first day. We think this change of timing should improve the experience of conference-goers in a variety of ways.
If you're a member of Editors Canada and eligible to attend and vote at the AGM,*
- Your day will start and end at the usual times.
- You'll be mentally and physically refreshed for a two-hour business meeting, rather than depleted after a day of learning. Then you can focus on learning, networking and fun for the duration of the conference.
* Only members can attend and vote at the AGM. Student affiliates are not eligible to vote.
If you're a student affiliate of Editors Canada or a non-member,
- You can sleep a little longer or get outside to enjoy the sunshine we've ordered before the conference fun begins.
- You're invited to a special session running parallel to the AGM, to discuss and design the future of the student affiliate program. There will be prizes!
We hope you'll agree that these experimental changes are good ones. We look forward to hearing your feedback about them during and after the conference.
There's still time to register for the conference!
This year's conference will be held June 10–12 in beautiful Vancouver, BC, at the Coast Plaza Hotel & Suites.
Registration for the conference is still open, but only until Friday, May 27. Please note that we are unable to accept registrations beyond this date, as the number of attendees is needed in advance to confirm food and beverage orders and room set-up, and to finalize our orders for items such as delegate bags.
Haven't signed up yet? What are you waiting for? One-day, two-day and student options are available—as are discounted rates for members of Editors Canada and affiliate organizations.
Visit the conference website to register today.
Thank you to our sponsors