You are here
In addition to the keynote speakers, the conference will feature 30 to 40 concurrent professional development presentations from a wide range of speakers in six streams:
- Indigenous — editing Indigenous material (by both Indigenous and non-Indigenous editors)
- Language and Culture — editing practices, resources for writers and editors, multi-cultural considerations
- Science and Technology — writing and editing relating to science and technology (technical writing, instructional design), knowledge transfer, and technology used by writers and editors to do their work (software, specialized equipment)
- Media — editing in fields like radio and television, newspapers, magazines, and the Internet
- Plain Language and Design — writing and editing in plain language, plain language and information design, teaching plain language
- Work Life — sessions pertaining to career development (setting rates, marketing, professional development), and those things that are common to everyone, regardless of their specific work situation (finding work-life balance, office ergonomics)
In addition to our regular conference program, Editors Saskatchewan will be offering a full day of professional development opportunities with this year’s pre-conference seminars.
These seminars will be held on Friday, May 25, at the Radisson Hotel Saskatoon.
Full schedule coming soon!
Be a presenter:
Do you have a topic you’d like to share with engaged colleagues from across the country? Consider making a presentation at the conference. The conference committee is now inviting session proposals.
In keeping with our theme, the committee invites you to consider a broader audience for this conference—editors from across the country as well as professionals from other related organizations. Sessions can be offered in English, French, or both. Sessions will be one hour long, including time for introductions, breakout discussions or other activities, Q&A, and evaluation forms.
If you have an idea for a session or would like to participate in a panel discussion, please complete and submit the Speaker Proposal Form.
All completed proposal forms must be received by 11:59 p.m. PST, Friday, January 26, 2018.
Email your form to email@example.com.
Selection and notification
The member proposals subcommittee will review and evaluate every submission received. All applicants will be informed of the subcommittee's decision by February 13, 2018.
If your proposal is selected, you will receive a modest honorarium and be eligible for a reduced conference registration fee. Please note that this reduced fee does not apply to pre-conference workshops or social events. Further participation in the conference is highly encouraged but is not required.