You are here
- Certified Professional Editor (CPE) (2010)
- Certified Copy Editor (2010)
- Certified Proofreader (2007)
- Certified Structural and Stylistic Editor (2009)
Editors Canada Volunteer Participation
- Certification (2015, 2014, 2013)
- Conference (2014)
- Publications (2011)
Your message is important, and it needs to be shared. My goal is to help you communicate your ideas clearly, so that they reach the readers who need to see them.
I am a Certified Professional Editor (CPE, Editors Canada) and a certified diplomate Editor in the Life Sciences (ELS[D], Board of Editors in the Life Sciences).
I can work with you to identify the best ways to ensure that your message is clear, consistent and correct, so it reaches its target audience.
Extensive experience in health and medical editing
I have edited texts in nearly every subject area (from neurology to podiatry) and every discipline (from specialist and family physicians to nurses and allied health professionals)
I have lived in Britain and have worked with clients from across Europe and North America.
A range of editorial skills
Structural editing, stylistic editing, rewriting, copy editing, proofreading, production editing, graph and table editing, or a combination of these, depending on your needs.
I have been editing since 1996, and freelancing since 2001. I work with government agencies, scholarly journals, researchers and nonprofits to improve the clarity of scientific communication.
- Copy editing
- Online editing
- Plain language
- Research and fact-checking
- Structural and substantive editing
- Stylistic editing
- Academic books and monographs
- Academic materials, general
- Academic papers and essays
- Books, general
- Business materials, general
- Conference materials
- Educational materials, general
- Government materials, general
- Grant applications and fundraising
- In-house publications
- Manuals and how-to books
- Pictures and illustrations
- Policies and procedures
- Reports, annual
- Teachers' guides
- Theses and dissertations
- Transcripts and minutes
- Health and medicine, general
- Health care
- Life sciences
- Outdoor recreation
- Psychology and mental health
- Social sciences
- Travel and tourism