West Coast Editor is available in Portable Document Format (PDF) and is sent by email monthly to members. To view the journal, you require Adobe Acrobat Reader, a free software program which can be downloaded from the Adobe site.
Note: We are now using InDesign to create our PDF version of West Coast Editor. Ifyou experience any difficulty in opening your document, please go to:http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
and download the latestreader.
The following issues are available for download from the year 2002:
- Meet John Vigna, EAC-BC member and young entrepreneur of the year!
- What happened when the Gordon Group came to Vancouver.
- Get the lowdown on the Surrey International Writers Festival.
- Mark your calendars -- Strategic Connections is coming round again.
- Learn some top tips on making the most of your Web site.
- Get the inside scoop on The Word on the Street
- Find out what it's really like to be an Editorial Intern
- Have you seen these signs?
- Meet our new Membership Chair
- Learn a new onscreen approach to dealing with typos
- The Executive -- who is this mysterious group?
- Sentence length -- how long is too long?
- Find out what really happened in Montreal this summer
- Discover the history of Trek Magazine
- Sharpen your pencils and fish out your calendars -
lots of What's On details to fill your fall schedule
- Find out what EAC's certification exams are all about
- What makes a good editor?
- Recognizing our volunteers
- Academic editing, abstracts, and end notes
- Explore the ethics of editing
- In defence of "hopefully" as a sentence adverb
- The upcoming Conference 2002 in Toronto
- How to get started as an editor, or switch from in-house to freelance
- Book review: Language and the Internet by David Crystal
- More about Winnifred Assmann
- New and fun resource for people who like words
- Find out what Strategic Connections was all about
- Get the latest news and updates from national
- Learn a bit about the man behind Eight Step Editing, Jim Taylor
- Meet the new West Coast Editor co-editor and the editorial team
- A report on January's town hall meeting
- Overview of Spring 2002 workshops
- Strategic Connections 2002
- BC Book and Magazine Week contest
- 2002 Fairley Award worth $2000
- National conference May 24-26
- Information about the EAC restructuring proposal
- Censorship during Freedom to Read Week
- EAC-BC display in the Vancouver Public Library
- Flashes on the national conference 2002 in Montreal
- A brief preview of EAC-BC spring workshops
The following issues are also available for download from this site:
West Coast Editor 2001
West Coast Editor 2000
West Coast Editor 1999