Registration for Celebrating the Past, Charting the Future: The 30th Anniversary Conference is now open! Conference details and online registration instructions are available on the conference website.
Join us in Toronto as we celebrate our 30th anniversary with editors from across Canada.
Conference 2009 will feature an exciting lineup of networking and educational opportunities, providing something for everyone.
- Come early for pre-conference workshops and a taste of our vibrant city.
- Come even earlier for two other great conferences: MagNet, Canada's Magazine Conference (June 2–5), and the Indexing Society of Canada Conference (June 3–4).
- Revisit 1979 and network with your colleagues and friends at the Welcome Reception.
- Learn what's in store for the future from our keynote speaker, Nora Young of CBC Radio's Spark.
- Expand your knowledge and skills with our workshops.
- Honour this year's winner of the Tom Fairley Award for Editorial Excellence.
- Celebrate the lighter side of editing at The Oops Awards.
- Shape the future of EAC at our annual general meeting.
The conference takes place June 5–7 at 89 Chestnut Conference Centre, behind City Hall and close to the Eaton Centre in downtown Toronto. Join us in celebrating 30 years of camaraderie.
Register by April 3 to take advantage of the special early-bird price, and watch for further updates on the conference website.
Looking for more professional development and networking opportunities? From June 2 to 5, MagNet, Canada's Magazine Conference, will also be held at 89 Chestnut Conference Centre. Magazines Canada has partnered with organizations such as the Canadian Authors Association and the Professional Writers Association of Canada to offer sessions for writers and editors. What's more, EAC members will be able to register for MagNet seminars at a reduced rate. <www.magazinescanada.ca>
The Indexing Society of Canada's conference will take place from June 3 to 4 at St. Michael's College on the University of Toronto campus—a short distance from 89 Chestnut. <www.indexers.ca/conf2009.html>.
For those travelling to Toronto for the conference, we ask that you consider measures to reduce your carbon footprint. You can do this by buying carbon credits from Planetair. Visit Planetair's website for more information on this green initiative.
This message was produced on behalf of the Conference Committee by the national office.