Editors' Association of Canada Conference 2013
|Theme:||Between the Lines/Entre les lignes|
|Dates:||June 7–9, 2013|
|Location:||Lord Nelson Hotel, Halifax|
|Registration:||Register now! Early-bird discounts in effect until April 12.|
Let us introduce you…
To some of the topics and some of the speakers featured in our upcoming conference. It's an impressive lineup.
Four key areas are being explored:
- Language and Culture
- Techniques and Technologies (two streams)
- Business and Career Building
- Arts and Sciences
Marie-Claude Rioux will share insight into Les Acadiens de la Nouvelle-Écosse et l'usage du français, while Liz Newkirk and Steve Vernon are going to talk to us about spinning a yarn. Curtis Michael will engage us with insights into the Mi'kmaw language and culture, and Lesley Crewe is taking us inside The real housewives of Cape Breton.
Award-winning author and editor Stephen Kimber is on board to discuss What is the truth in non-fiction? The editors' role, while Rosemary Tanner will be looking at truth in numbers in her presentation Basic numeracy for editors. There is a special "chart clinic" led by Laurel Hyatt and an inside look at effective manuscript queries with Elizabeth d'Anjou.
Other presentations include:
- Entrelacs de chiffres et de couleurs: Réviser tableaux et graphiques – Anna Olivier
- Plagiarism: Why it happens, and how it (sometimes) can be prevented – David Swick
- Stress management and ergonomics for editors – Traci Williams
- Clear communication by design – Michelle Boulton
- Good reads between the covers: Editing fiction for literacy learners – Helena Aalto and Laurel Boone
- Editing and theatre – Wendy Lill
And more. To see the complete lineup of who's coming to speak at Conference 2013, visit the conference website.
You can also register now.
Details, session information and online registration instructions for Conference 2013—Between the Lines are on the conference website.
Don't forget: Register by April 12 to take advantage of special early-bird discounts. Check the conference website for the latest updates, as well as Twitter (@eacconference, LinkedIn, Facebook, the email forum (listserv for EAC members) and EAC's e-blasts.
This message was produced on behalf of the Conference Committee by the national office.