You are here
Editors Canada Volunteer Participation
- Edmonton Twig (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Nominating Committee (2020)
- Hello! I’m Alicia Chantal, owner of Fresh Look Editing. Professional communication has been part of my life for more than 15 years. Whether you are an individual or a business, I can help you make an impact.
- I specialize in non-fiction editing and writing, including business communication, human interest, health care, education, and academic editing (humanities and social sciences). I have worked on various documents for corporate and small business, and manuscripts for independent authors and publishers. I view editing and writing as a collaborative exercise and value getting to know my clients’ needs. If your goal is to educate or empower, I can help you polish the details that will make your message shine.
Here’s what some of my clients and colleagues have to say about me:
“Alicia’s experience really came through for me, as she suggested points I hadn’t considered, and highlighted unnecessary or repetitive [text]. She was so easy to work with; she asked perceptive questions, clarified my thought process, and turned my awkward attempt at a policy doc into a professional, polished thing of beauty. She maintained great communication with me, kept me up to date on our shared timeline, and delivered a fantastic product.”
“When Editors Edmonton was struggling to find a replacement for its outgoing coordinator whose term had expired, Alicia volunteered to take on the job. Despite being new to the organization, she jumped into the role with enthusiasm and good humour. She continually asks thoughtful questions about our organizational processes and takes initiative to keep our twig running smoothly. Her dedication to building a strong editing community helps maintain our professional energy and sustains momentum in offering support to our local editors.”
"Alicia Chantal's work and dedication to her craft and her clients could not be more outstanding. Her attention to details transcended the edited text to include her incredible people skills when liaising with designers, printers, writers, and other editors in our team. Her proofreading skills went beyond the meticulous to also encompass an exquisite ability to read between the lines, refining the final product into a book we are proud to call our own. She was an indispensable member of our team."
- Copy editing
- Research and fact-checking
- Business materials, general
- Conference materials
- Policies and procedures
- Public relations materials
- Transcripts and minutes
- Health care
- Humanities, general
- Labour and employment
- Social sciences