You are here
Anne Brennan, BA, CPE
- President's Award (2014)
Editors Canada Volunteer Participation
- British Columbia Branch (2014)
- Certification (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Publications (2011, 2014, 2015)
- Website Redesign Task Force (2012)
I started editing almost as soon as I started reading. I figured out how to get paid for it in 1983.
Today I'm a certified professional editor (CPE), having passed rigorous tests set by the Editors' Association of Canada in structural and stylistic editing, copy editing, and proofreading. I also hold a degree in psychology and anthropology with a minor in English.
My specialties are educational publishing, technical editing (especially for quilting and sewing publications), website content and construction, magazine editing, and project management.
I’ve supervised a distance-course production department (Simon Fraser University), edited courses (BC Open University/BC Open College; Technical University of British Columbia; Simon Fraser University; Safety Codes Council of Alberta, Canadian Tourism Human Resource Council, QuiltUniversity.com), edited magazines (Easy Living; BC Woman), created original website content (CraftShop.com; SewAndQuilt.com), and built and maintained websites (http://www.canstat.ca/; http://www.skillansafaris.com/, http://www.amblesideorchestra.ca).
I’ve also edited books and edited and/or written corporate and promotional materials and newsletters.
Keywords: text, textbook, website, magazine, book, academic material, educational material, sewing, quilting, corporate reports
- Copy editing
- Developmental or project editing
- Mark-up and coding
- On-screen editing
- Online editing
- Plain language
- Production editing
- Structural and substantive editing
- Stylistic editing
- Academic materials, general
- Advertising and marketing materials
- Books, general
- Business materials, general
- Conference materials
- E-materials, general
- Educational materials, general
- Government materials, general
- Manuals and how-to books
- Study guides
- Textbooks, college and university
- Textbooks, elementary and high school
- Trade non-fiction
- Health and medicine, general
- Humanities, general
- Industry and technology, general
- Psychology and mental health
- Social sciences