You are here
Hello, I am Carly Scott
I have an Honours BA from the University of Toronto, majoring in English and minoring in both Political Science and Canadian Studies. I also have my post-graduate certificate in Paralegal Studies from Fanshawe College. I have experience as both a paralegal and a business owner.
I am currently a volunteer editor at Project Gutenberg and I am completeing my continuing professional studies through Queens Univeristy. Once finished, I will have my post-graduate certificate in Professional Editing Standards.
As an editor, I have experience editing fiction, literature, non-fiction, correspondence, legal documents, legal research, advertising materials, academic papers and essays, and so on.
Previously, I have also worked as teacher and with children in camps, arts performances, etc.
I love books, travel, many types of fiction, family, journalism, learning, education, children, the arts, politics, animals, sports, and, of course, grammar.
I love editing and I am always excited for my next project.
- Consulting and manuscript evaluation
- Copy editing
- Developmental or project editing
- On-screen editing
- Structural and substantive editing
- Stylistic editing
- Academic materials, general
- Academic papers and essays
- Advertising and marketing materials
- Books, children's and young adult
- Books, general
- Books, self-help
- Books, self-published
- Business materials, general
- Fiction, mystery
- Policies and procedures
- Public relations materials
- Textbooks, college and university
- Textbooks, elementary and high school
- Trade non-fiction
- Aboriginal people
- Gender studies
- Grammar and linguistics
- History, Canadian
- Humanities, general
- Labour and employment
- Psychology and mental health
- Social sciences
- Society, general
- Travel and tourism