You are here
- Certified Professional Editor (CPE) (2014)
- Certified Structural Editor (2013)
- Certified Stylistic Editor (2014)
- Certified Copy Editor (2010)
- Certified Proofreader (2009)
Editors Canada Volunteer Participation
- National Capital Region Branch (2015)
- Publications (2015, 2014, 2011)
Science Communication | Publishing Consulting
Science and medicine writer and editor with 18 years’ experience at Canada’s two largest scientific publishers.
Specializing in science communication, among scientists and from scientists to the public, both as a writer and as an editor. Full knowledge of general and scientific style guides. Public and private sector clients in medicine and environmental, ecological and other sciences.
Reporter for the news section of the Canadian Medical Association Journal and feature writer on diseases and drugs for Nature. Regular clients include NSERC, CADTH, Transportation Safety Board, and Canadian Forest Service. Major reports for Environment Canada and handbooks for St. Joseph's Healthcare, Hamilton.
Training for scientists in writing papers and explaining science to the public (National Autonomous University of Mexico, Centre for Excellence in Communications). Training for editors in stylistic editing, referencing, proofreading (Editors Canada, Queen's University).
Sorry, I no longer accept clients for student papers, theses or dissertations, or new clients for clinical or academic papers.
Visit my Web site for more information.
- Bilingual editing
- Copy editing
- On-screen editing
- Online editing
- Research and fact-checking
- Stylistic editing
- Briefs, précis, and executive summaries
- Government materials, general
- In-house publications
- Periodicals, general
- Reports, other
- Ecology and environment
- Health and medicine, general
- Health care
- Life sciences
- Psychology and mental health
- Sciences, general