You are here
Dania Sheldon, DPhil
- Tom Fairley Award for Editorial Excellence (2016)
Editors Canada Volunteer Participation
- Editors British Columbia (2012)
- Certification (2012, 2015, 2016, 2018)
- Publications (2011)
I hold a doctorate in English Language and Literature from the University of Oxford and have over 20 years of experience editing a diverse variety of materials in numerous genres. I am eclectic in my interests and comfortable with a very wide range of subjects in the humanities and sciences. In addition to non-fiction projects, I enjoy working on fiction for adults, young adults, and children.
In 2017, I received the Tom Fairley Award for Editorial Excellence, Editors Canada's highest award. I have been an active member of Editors Canada since 2005. I have co-created exams in all four subject areas of Editors Canada's professional certification program, and in 2020 I joined the organization's roster of webinar presenters.
My editing services include: structural/substantive, stylistic, and copy editing; proofreading; developmental editing; project management; and manuscript assessment.
I have many years of expertise in indexing and in copyright and permissions research and negotiations (text, photos, and art).
I also offer writing services. I particularly enjoy researching and writing historical narrative non-fiction for clients, and I offer policy writing, plain-language writing/rewriting, advertising copy writing, as well as ghost writing.
I am the author of one book, the co-author of two books, and under contract to co-author a third in 2020/21. My 2018 The Book of Lua was a finalist in two categories of the Next Generation Indie Book Awards.
I am committed to providing professional, meticulous, timely service and will help you express your ideas clearly and effectively.
Please visit my website for further information and to request a free estimate for your project: www.daniasheldon.com.
- Consulting and manuscript evaluation
- Copy editing
- Developmental or project editing
- Editing translations
- Layout and design
- Plain language
- Research and fact-checking
- Structural and substantive editing
- Stylistic editing
- Academic books and monographs
- Academic papers and essays
- Books, children's and young adult
- Educational materials, general
- Government materials, general
- Policies and procedures
- Study guides
- Teachers' guides
- Tests and assessment materials
- Textbooks, college and university
- Theses and dissertations
- Aboriginal people
- Archaeology and ancient history
- Ecology and environment
- Food and drink
- Gender studies
- Government, federal
- Government, municipal
- Government, provincial
- Grammar and linguistics
- Humanities, general
- Industry and technology, general
- Information technology
- Life sciences
- Medicine, alternative
- Outdoor recreation
- Physical and chemical sciences
- Psychology and mental health
- Religion and spirituality
- Sciences, general
- Social sciences