You are here
Emma Farley, MD
I am a freelance editor and proofreader with a background in medicine and health science. I work in a variety of areas ranging from health promotion to medical journalism to research to continuing medical education.
I am a Canadian family physician with years of clinical experience in primary care, care of the elderly, palliative care, and complex continuing care. I also hold a BSc(Hons) in Physiology and Pharmacology. I combine this experience with a passion for editing and rendering clear, concise, and compelling medical literature.
I bring a deep and first-hand understanding of medical science and terminology, as well as the Canadian medical system. I hope to translate this knowledge into written word, by helping writers with their craft at all levels of editing.
I can help you at any stage of your editing project whether it be development, structural editing, stylistic editing, copyediting, or proofreading.
I work with clients in a variety of fields, in a variety of genres. I am committed to plain, conscious language.
Email me today for help with your project.
- Copy editing
- Developmental or project editing
- On-screen editing
- Online editing
- Plain language
- Research and fact-checking
- Structural and substantive editing
- Stylistic editing
- Academic materials, general
- Academic papers and essays
- Books, general
- Books, self-help
- Conference materials
- Manuals and how-to books
- Reference materials, general
- Résumés and CVs
- Study guides
- Tests and assessment materials
- Textbooks, college and university
- Textbooks, elementary and high school
- Theses and dissertations
- Health and medicine, general
- Health care
- Life sciences
- Psychology and mental health