You are here
Karen Limbert Rempel, MSc
KLR Consulting Services
Welcome! With an educational background in genetics, molecular and cellular biology and physiology, I have 20 years of experience in academic writing and editing in a vast array of contexts ranging from plant science to biomedical and clinical research, academic administration and health care. My passion for communicating science has led to the development of several areas of focus:
- Writing and editing of grant applications for scientific or clinical studies
- Assisting scientists and trainees whose primary language is not English in preparing manuscripts and thesis dissertations
- The translation of scientific and medical material into lay language
In addition, I have extensive experience in writing and revising policies and procedures, standard operating procedures, and academic correspondence (including letters of support and endorsement).
I enjoy delving into complex ideas and issues, seeing the big picture while at the same time organizing and arranging the small details that fit together to make the whole greater than the sum of its parts.
If you are looking for someone to assist you in clarifying and distilling complex ideas to communicate to a specific audience, you have come to the right place!
Spot on! This just what I was hoping for – insightful and clarifying and making things tight... This effort is stellar and just what we needed.
-- Professor and PhD Supervisor
- Consulting and manuscript evaluation
- On-screen editing
- Plain language
- Research and fact-checking
- Structural and substantive editing
- Stylistic editing
- Academic materials, general
- Academic papers and essays
- Briefs, précis, and executive summaries
- Grant applications and fundraising
- Pictures and illustrations
- Policies and procedures
- Proposals and evaluations
- Reports, other
- Résumés and CVs
- Theses and dissertations
- Health and medicine, general
- Health care
- Life sciences
- Sciences, general