You are here
Krysia P. Lear
The Editorial Suite
- President's Award (2010)
Editors Canada Volunteer Participation
- Certification (2011, 2012)
- Conference (2011, 2015)
- Kitchener-Waterloo-Guelph Twig (2012, 2013, 2015, 2017)
- Publications (2011, 2014, 2015, 2017)
A seasoned non-fiction and academic editor, I'll enable you to communicate your ideas and information effectively while engaging your readers.
If you're stuck in an early draft, I'll turn it into a well-structured manuscript. If your writing lacks energy, I'll show you how to bring it to life. And if you want objective feedback and that final polish, I'll do that for you.
As an academic editor, I collaborate with researchers to make their arguments strong, their presentations clear, and the language right for the topic and readers. Among my specialities are working with papers translated into English.
Strong editorial skills, strategic thinking, and sound judgment help make me an effective editor. My qualification as a Certified Proofreader speaks to my attention to detail.
I work with independent authors, researchers, graduate students, not-for-profits, publishers and Christian organizations, locally and internationally.
As for training, I've completed an editing program at Ryerson University , taken numerous editing courses, earned a bachelor's degree in Theology, and had my own work edited by some of the best.
“I love the way you take what I have written or spoken and make it so much better,” wrote the executive director of a not-for-profit.
"You've made an important contribution," said another client.
For more on my qualifications and past projects, check out www.editorialsuite.com
- Consulting and manuscript evaluation
- Copy editing
- Developmental or project editing
- Editing translations
- On-screen editing
- Plain language
- Production editing
- Research and fact-checking
- Structural and substantive editing
- Stylistic editing
- Academic papers and essays
- Books, general
- Books, self-help
- Books, self-published
- Briefs, précis, and executive summaries
- Educational materials, general
- Manuals and how-to books
- Proposals and evaluations
- Reference materials, general
- Reports, other
- Résumés and CVs
- Theses and dissertations
- Trade non-fiction
- Developing countries
- Ecology and environment
- Health and medicine, general
- History, Canadian
- Humanities, general
- Psychology and mental health
- Religion and spirituality
- Social sciences
- Society, general