You are here
Margaret Phillips Editing
I have an Editing Certificate (SFU) and research and writing background in the social sciences and humanities (BA, Trent; MA, Carleton). I’ve also worked in health care as a physiotherapist (BSc, Queen’s). All of that makes me a great fit to work with writers who focus on social issues.
I work with individual writers, small businesses, and not-for-profit organizations, editing different kinds of documents.
- Business: reports and proposals; websites, blogs, and social media posts
- Funding: proposals and grant applications
- Self-published authors: narrative non-fiction
- Education: PhD dissertations and professional journal articles; digital workplace-training modules
I specialize in social justice, equity, health, and the environment.
- Copy editing
- Structural and substantive editing
- Stylistic editing
- Academic materials, general
- Academic papers and essays
- Business materials, general
- E-materials, general
- Reports, other
- Theses and dissertations
- Ecology and environment
- Gender studies
- Health and medicine, general
- History, Canadian
- Humanities, general
- Social sciences