You are here
Raya P Morrison
Editors Canada Volunteer Participation
- Conference (2017, 2018, 2019)
- Standards Communication Task Force (2019)
- Toronto Branch (2017, 2019)
I'm a copy editor, stylistic editor and proofreader of fiction, technical writing and niche writing. I have over 3 years of experience in music journalism, and online/digital and fiction publishing sectors. My other strengths include production editing and strategy.
I want to take you and your work on an adventure to find your own voice that will create an unshakable bond between you and your readers.
I have received the Editing Certificate from George Brown College in December 2018. I have won Camp NaNoWriMo 2017 for writing a Victorian-times adventure/horror story. I am contributing to Blood & Bourbon literary magazine as an editor and a writer of short stories and reviews. Prior to that I have been a department editor for The Scene Magazine for over two year. I have also provided my skills as a technical translator (English to Russian) to IRIS Power engineering firm.
My interests include fiction, music and music history, tarot and divination, calligraphy, ballet and highland dancing, yoga and meditation.
“Raya is an incredibly talented editor with an extraordinary eye for detail. She is an absolute pleasure to work with, and contributed a great deal to the success of the latest edition of Blood & Bourbon.” –Phil Halton, Editor in Chief, Blood & Bourbon
MY PROFESSIONAL HIGHLIGHTS
◦ Certified Associate in Project Management in good standing, Project Management Institute.
◦ Professional Editor with over 3 years of experience in the publishing industry.
◦ Member of Editors Canada in good standing.
◦ Assistant to Programs Chair for Editors Canada Toronto Branch
◦ Recipient of a Company Spirit Award at Stephen Thomas Ltd in 2016 for embracing company vision and passion.
◦ Winner of the Camp NaNoWriMo writing contest in July 2017.
“I worked with Raya while on contract for Iris Power. Raya was responsible for translations of various software user manuals. We work on this project for almost one year.
Raya is knowledgeable, intelligent, professional and she possesses an outstanding, and rare, spirit and energy level. It was a pleasure to work with Raya.” –Mark Susnik, Manager, Tech Department, IRIS Power
- Bilingual editing
- Copy editing
- Desktop publishing
- Developmental or project editing
- Editing translations
- Layout and design
- Mark-up and coding
- On-screen editing
- Online editing
- Production editing
- Research and fact-checking
- Structural and substantive editing
- Stylistic editing
- Translation, other
- Web adaptation
- Advertising and marketing materials
- Books, children's and young adult
- Books, self-published
- Business materials, general
- E-materials, general
- Graphical materials
- Labels and packaging
- Manuals and how-to books
- Periodicals, general
- Pictures and illustrations
- Policies and procedures
- Proposals and evaluations
- Résumés and CVs
- Transcripts and minutes
- Finance and taxation
- Industry and technology, general
- Information technology
- Leisure, general
- Society, general
- Travel and tourism