You are here
Tania Cheffins Editorial Services
Editors Canada Volunteer Participation
- Certification (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
I am a Certified Professional Editor specializing in educational and business editing, especially in the accounting and finance sectors. I work with a wide range of clients to produce high-quality written material.
Before starting my freelance editing business, I was the editorial manager at CPA Canada (Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada), where I led the editorial team in producing courses and related material for CPA Canada’s educational programs.
I was also the exams editor at CGA-Canada for seven years, and as a result I have knowledge and training in best practices for exam development and plain language editing, as well as experience in ensuring accounting and finance material is understandable and clearly explained.
I now edit and proofread a variety of material for organizations large and small to ensure that their written copy is clear and concise.
- Copy editing
- Developmental or project editing
- On-screen editing
- Online editing
- Plain language
- Structural and substantive editing
- Stylistic editing
- Web adaptation
- Books, general
- Business materials, general
- E-materials, general
- Educational materials, general
- In-house publications
- Policies and procedures
- Reference materials, general
- Reports, annual
- Reports, other
- Study guides
- Style guides
- Tests and assessment materials
- Textbooks, college and university
- Economy, politics, and law, general
- Finance and taxation
- Humanities, general
- Industry and technology, general