You are here
Eight-Step Editing breaks the editorial process down into a series of tasks that will improve the readability of the final product.
If you're an editor, whatever your experience level (from novice to expert), this seminar will help you develop a systematic approach to editing and identify functions you may have been performing only intuitively. If you're a writer, the Eight-Step process will give you techniques for improving your manuscript before it goes to an editor.
- Step one: shorten sentences
- Step two: take out the trash
- Step three: eliminate the negatives
- Step four: deflate long words and phrases
- Step five: eliminate the equations
- Step six: activate the passives
- Step seven: lead with strength
- Step eight: parade your paragraphs