You are here
Editors Ottawa–Gatineau Executive (2020-21)
Do you have a question, comment or idea for the branch executive? We want to hear from you! Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The executive meets at least four times per year to plan and vote on budgets, programming, training and objectives. Each member is responsible for attending and preparing well for meetings by reviewing minutes and writing reports. Meeting schedule and location are determined by consensus and availability. Members are asked to commit to a two-year term.
Members and student affiliates are welcome stand for election to vacant positions at the branch Annual General Meeting on May 19, 2021.
Vice Chair: Supports branch chair to oversee executive responsibilities are fulfilled. (Must be a full member.)
- Help plan and chair quarterly executive meetings
- Liaise with the Editors Canada on administrative matters
- Provide leadership and support to executive members
- Monitor general inbox
- Oversee records management
Programming Co-Chair: Support speaker night chair to develop monthly programming for members and affiliates. Speaker Nights are held the third Wednesday of the month from September to November and January to May.
- Identify and schedule speakers
- Request speaker biographies for distribution
- Coordinate honourariums and thank you cards
- Write an event summary for the website chair
Website Chair: Under leadership of public relations chair, develop regular web and social content to promote membership activity, seminar offerings, editing and networking.
- Work closely with executive chairs to align content with branch goals
- Solicit contributions from branch members
- Prepare, edit and publish posts
- Respond to and moderate comments
Please email email@example.com before May 14, 2021 if you would like to join the branch’s leadership team.