You asked for more time and we heard you. We are pleased to announce that the deadline to submit a speaker proposal for the International Editors Conference 2020, From Papyrus to Pixels: International Editing Trends has been extended to Friday, November 15, 2019.
The conference will be held at Le Centre Sheraton in Montreal, Quebec from June 19–21, 2020.
Submit your speaker proposal
We encourage you to submit proposals for presentations and workshops tailored to our theme and our global audience. In particular, we welcome proposals that focus on any of the following topics:
- Networking: Sessions about making connections, building communities, and creating a presence in your networks
- Editing markets: Sessions about where and how editors find work, especially evolving and emerging opportunities
- Business practices: Sessions that help members conduct their business and do their work
- Techniques and technologies: Sessions about resources and practices that assist members in working better and more efficiently
- Language and diversity: Sessions that guide members in respecting the diverse needs of clients
- Editing around the world: Sessions about standards and editing practices from around the world
If you have an idea for a session or would like to participate in a panel discussion, we'd love to hear from you! Please fill out and submit a Speaker Proposal Form.
Please note that sessions can be offered in English, French, or both—and all sessions will be one hour, including time for introductions, breakout discussions or other activities, and Q&A.
All completed proposals must be received by 11:59 p.m., EST, Friday, November 15, 2019.
Selection and notification
The conference committee will evaluate every proposal and inform applicants of their decisions by Sunday, December 15, 2019. If your proposal is accepted, you will be asked to supply a high-resolution (300 pixels per inch) headshot of each speaker in your session for the conference program and website.
Conference registration discount for speakers
If your proposal is selected, you will be eligible for a significant discount on the conference registration fee. Please note the discount does not apply to pre-conference workshops or social events.
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to receiving your proposal! Please feel free to share this call for speakers with your other networks.
For more information, please contact:
International Editors Conference 2020 Committee