Since 1979, Editors Canada has been committed to delivering high-quality training for editors at every stage of their careers. We're happy to announce that our 2019 webinar schedule is now available!
- Learn from experienced, expert presenters from Canada, the U.S. and Australia.
- Choose from diverse topics that will help keep you current and competitive.
- Editors Canada webinars are suitable for editors, writers and all communication professionals who own their own business or who work in-house.
Here's what's in store this season.
Editors Canada 2019 webinar schedule
- December 4 and 11: Real-World Grammar (Elizabeth d'Anjou)
- January 11 and 18: Notions de base en révision linguistique en français (Sandra Gravel)
- January 16: Sentences with Style (Frances Peck)
- January 21: Freelance Finances (Elisabeth Schieck)
- January 28–31: Gutenberg: The New WordPress Content Editor A to Z (Bud Kraus)
- February 7, 14 and 21: Copyediting Live! (Elizabeth d'Anjou)
- February 12 and 19: Getting Started in InDesign (James Harbeck)
- February 25: Ten Graphic Design Tips for More Readable Documents – For Editors (Flora Gordon)
- March 2 and 9: Showcasing Your Skills and Accomplishments in an Online Portfolio (Letitia Henville)
- March 12: Beginner's Guide to Editing in LaTeX (Heather E. Saunders)
- March 16: Comics and Graphic Novel Conventions for Editors (Allyson Rudolph)
- March 22 and April 5: Antidote 10: Un webinaire en deux parties (Sandra Gravel)
- April 2: What the GST? (Michelle Waitzman)
- April 6 and 13: Starting a Freelance Editing or Writing Career (Christine LeBlanc)
- April 10: Usage Traps and Myths (Frances Peck)
- April 24: Save Time and Your Sanity: Increase Your Efficiency with Microsoft Word for Windows (Rhonda Bracey)
- May 3 and 10: Antidote 10 (English) (Sandra Gravel)
- May 8: Clearing the Fog: Plain Language Writing (Frances Peck)
- May 21: Strategic Pricing and Persuasive Estimating (Jake Poinier)
Dates are subject to change. New webinars will be added periodically, so check back often.
Please note that the new Editors Canada webinars site is currently in English only. Our French-language site is in development and should be ready early in the New Year. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Ready to train online with Editors Canada? Visit training.editors.ca to sign up now. Editors Canada members and student affiliates register at discounted rates.
Catch up on demand: Webinar recordings are available
Did you miss an Editors Canada webinar? Many of our webinars have been recorded and are now available for purchase (and some are even free). When you buy a webinar recording, you'll receive a video file to watch at your leisure on your computer or mobile device. The file is yours to keep, so you can watch it again and again.
Visit our webinar recordings page to see what's available now. We're adding new recordings regularly so be sure to check often.
We welcome your feedback as we continue to improve the Editors Canada webinars site. Please email Director_Training@editors.ca.