You are here
Time: 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
Are you taking advantage of all the editing horsepower that Microsoft Word has to offer? If not, this one-day seminar will teach you a variety of electronic editing skills that can save you valuable time and simplify your work.
You will need a version of Word 2010, a laptop, and an AC cord. Be prepared to do plenty of hands-on electronic editing exercises.
- Capitalize on track-changes and compare-documents tools
- Track and merge changes by several reviewers
- Manage queries or comments embedded in texts
- Find and replace text effectively
- Create macros to simplify repetitive tasks
- Apply styles for fast and reliable formatting
- Use spelling and grammar tools effectively
Graham Young is a business trainer with more than 30 years’ experience helping business and government clients communicate at work. Since 2000, he has conducted more than 500 writing and presentation-skills seminars and taught some 6,000 participants from the public, private, and non-profit sectors how to write and speak effectively. Graham has also taught Business English at the University of Ottawa. Those who attend his seminars highly appreciate Graham’s energy, his breadth of knowledge, and his effective teaching style.
Registration closes February 18
Registration fees (includes lunch, snacks, and HST):
- Editors Canada member: $275
- Non-member: $400