You are here
Official Hotel Partner
If you are planning on coming to the 2016 conference in Vancouver, take advantage of the hotel discounts listed below:
The Coast Plaza Hotel & Suites is offering special rates on guest rooms for conference attendees. The special rates are available for the nights of June 6 to June 15, 2016.
Rates, with discounts included, are:
- $184.00 (+ taxes) for comfort rooms
- $204.00 (+ taxes) for superior rooms
- $234.00 (+ taxes) for superior suites
The hotel has agreed to honour these rates until May 10, 2016, unless rooms sell out before this. The hotel will continue to accept reservations after this date; however, rooms will be subject to availability and regular rates.
Conference attendees can book online or call 1-800-716-6199 and ask for the Editors Canada Conference rate.
Beds for Eds
Editors Canada is once again looking forward to welcoming editors from across Canada and the United States. We know, however, that travelling can be expensive, so conference billeting is an option for attendees who would prefer to stay with a colleague rather than renting a hotel room.
If interested, please email Arlene Prunkl at email@example.com.
If you live in Vancouver, please consider opening your home to a guest—it’s a great opportunity to get to know a fellow editor on a personal level! To make everyone’s experiences as comfortable as possible, Arlene will try to match hosts and guests based on specific information.
If you are willing to host, please include the following information:
- Do you smoke in or near your home?
- Do you allow smoking in or near your home?
- Do you have any pets?
- Is your home easily accessible for those who may have mobility issues?
- How far from the conference venue do you live, and is public transit convenient?
If you are looking for a place to stay, please include the following information:
- Do you smoke? If so, are you willing to smoke outside?
- Do you have any concerns about staying with animals (perhaps due to allergies or phobias)?
- Do you have any health or mobility concerns that may affect your comfort?
Please also note any other particular issues that will affect your comfort and well-being as either a host or a guest.