You are here
The national executive council (NEC) met in Halifax on March 3 and 4, 2018. Here's a look at some of the work we did.
The social event before the meeting is a great time to talk to local members. I spent some time chatting with one of the people who will be taking over the Nova Scotia twig, as well as a couple of members I'd never met in-person but had been talking to on Facebook. Several people from the twig came to the event, so there was a lot of engagement (and, fortunately for the association, several people volunteered for upcoming tasks!).
In this issue:
1. CONFERENCE 2018: Register early to save
2. MEMBER SERVICES: The Chicago Manual of Style Online is now free for Editors Canada members
3. KAREN VIRAG AWARD: Tell us about the editing hero in your community
4. CLAUDETTE UPTON SCHOLARSHIP: $1,000 award for a promising student editor
5. PRESIDENT'S AWARD: Recognizing Editors Canada's stellar volunteers
6. MEMBERSHIP: 2016 membership survey highlights now available
7. VOLUNTEER OF THE MONTH: Karina Sinclair
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Toronto, March 13, 2018—The Editors' Association of Canada (Editors Canada) is proud to announce the new réviseurs agréés! This year, 41 people passed the general editing test and will receive the title of réviseur agréé or réviseure agréée du Programme d'agrément en révision linguistique — Réviseurs Canada.
We're pleased to announce a new benefit of membership: The Chicago Manual of Style Online (CMOS Online) is now free for Editors Canada members and student affiliates!
From The University of Chicago Press:
Editors Canada's 2018 annual general meeting (AGM) will be held on Saturday, May 26, during the weekend of our annual conference. Our association has a long tradition of member involvement, and any member is entitled to make a motion to be put to a vote at the meeting.