You are here
Official Hotel Partner
We are pleased to announce that the 2017 conference will be held at the Crowne Plaza Gatineau–Ottawa, located at 2 Montcalm Street, Gatineau, Quebec, in the heart of the National Capital Region.
We have a special room rate of $169/night for single or double occupancy, and the hotel is ready to receive our reservations.
The deadline to reserve is Tuesday, May 9, 2017. But please note that we expect hotels to book up quickly in Ottawa–Gatineau leading up to this summer as people from all over the country come to the National Capital Region to celebrate Canada's 150th birthday. Be sure to book early to beat the rush!
There are several ways to make reservations at the Crowne Plaza Gatineau–Ottawa:
- Online in English
- Online in French
- By phone: 1-800-567-1962
- By email: email@example.com
When making reservations by phone or email, please use the group name "Editors Canada" to get the special room rate.
Beds for Eds
Editors Canada is once again looking forward to welcoming editors from across Canada and the United States. We know, however, that travelling can be expensive and staying in hotels isn’t for everyone, so conference billeting is an option for attendees who would prefer to stay with a colleague rather than renting a hotel room. If interested, please email Sharon Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you live in Ottawa–Gatineau, please consider opening your home to a guest—it’s a great opportunity to get to know a fellow editor on a personal level! To make everyone’s experiences as comfortable as possible, Sharon will try to match hosts and guests based on specific information.
If you are willing to host, please include the following information:
- Do you smoke in or near your home?
- Do you allow smoking in or near your home?
- Do you have any pets?
- Is your home easily accessible for those who may have mobility issues?
- How far from the conference venue do you live, and is public transit convenient?
If you are looking for a place to stay, please include the following information:
- Do you smoke? If so, are you willing to smoke outside?
- Do you have any concerns about staying with animals (perhaps due to allergies or phobias)?
- Do you have any health or mobility concerns that may affect your comfort?
Please also note any other particular issues that will affect your comfort and well-being as either a host or a guest.
We selected these hotels and other accommodations based on proximity to the conference rather than any other factor. Check out recommendations on Trip Advisor before you book.
- Four Points Sheraton — 35 Laurier Street, (819) 778-6111
- Best Western Plus — 131 Laurier Street, 1-866-678-0146
- Auberge de la Gare — 205 St-Joseph Boulevard, (819) 778-8085
- Ramada Plaza Gatineau/Manoir du Casino — 75 Edmonton Street, (819) 200-3028
- Duvernay Studios & Suites — 92 Rue de l’Hôtel-de-Ville, (819) 743-2513
- Double Tree by Hilton — 1170 Aylmer Road, 1-855-605-0318
- Albert House Inn — 478 Albert Street, (613) 236-4479
- Albert at Bay Suite Hotel — 435 Albert Street, (613) 238-8858
- Ottawa Marriott Hotel — 101 Lyon Street North, (613) 238-1122
- Radisson Hotel — 402 Queen Street, (613) 236-1133