You are here
The Westin Nova Scotian
In the heart of downtown Halifax, The Westin Nova Scotian's prime location offers a peaceful respite in this beautiful city. With easy access to nearby shopping and dining, you can experience all that downtown has to offer, or simply enjoy a stroll by the boardwalk and wharves of Halifax Harbour.
Facilities / Services
Bilingual/Multilingual staff available
We have arranged a special room rate of $199/night from June 5 to June 13, 2019.
The deadline to reserve is May 13, 2019
To make reservations:
- Online: https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/events/start.action?id=1807050682&key=18598AA
- By phone: Call 902-421-1000 and use the group name “Editors Canada” to receive the discount
Alternative Accommodations in Halifax
Halifax is home to seven (!) universities, three of which offer summer accommodation at reasonable prices. All are within a 30-minute walk of the conference hotel.
Dalhousie University has several buildings with single and double rooms. To find out more, visit https://stay.dal.ca/
University of Kings College accommodations include twin bed(s), complimentary continental breakfast, access to the King’s fitness centre, free campus WiFi, fresh linens and towels, a personal mini-bar style refrigerator, private, semi-private and shared washrooms, and laundry facilities. http://conferences.ukings.ca/portfolio/summer-accommodations/
Saint Mary’s offers rooms in three furnished residence buildings: a 22-storey high-rise, a 4-storey low-rise building, and a 17-storey apartment-style building. https://smu.ca/about/halifax-summer-accommodations.html
Beds for Eds
Editors Canada is once again looking forward to welcoming editors from across Canada and the United States. We know, however, that travelling can be expensive and staying in hotels isn’t for everyone, so conference billeting is an option for attendees who would prefer to stay with a colleague rather than renting a hotel room. If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you live in Halifax, please consider opening your home to a guest—it’s a great opportunity to get to know a fellow editor on a personal level! To make everyone’s experiences as comfortable as possible, we will try to match hosts and guests based on specific information.
If you are willing to host, please include the following information:
- Do you smoke in or near your home?
- Do you allow smoking in or near your home?
- Do you have any pets?
- Is your home easily accessible for those who may have mobility issues?
- How far from the conference venue do you live, and is public transit convenient?
If you are looking for a place to stay, please include the following information:
- Do you smoke? If so, are you willing to smoke outside?
- Do you have any concerns about staying with animals (perhaps due to allergies or phobias)?
- Do you have any health or mobility concerns that may affect your comfort?
Please also note any other particular issues that will affect your comfort and well-being as either a host or a guest.