You are here
Along the Waterfront
Things to do on the water and along the waterfront
Guided two-hour, all-day, or overnight island adventures.
Family Fun on Big Boats:
- The Harbour Hopper: tour the downtown and part of the harbour on a refurbished amphibious vehicle.
- Theodore Tugboat’s Big Harbour Tour: a 30-minute tour of the harbour that inspired the television show. Yes, it’s on a full-sized tugboat.
- Historic Harbour Cruise: a one-hour tour of the harbour on a Mississippi River sternwheeler.
- Be a deckhand on the Tall Ship Silva: a one-hour tour of the harbour on a real tall ship. Learn how to tie sailors’ knots, raise sails, and fire a cannon!
- Tall ship and Yacht sailing: with or without wine or beer!
For more ideas about what to do on the water, go to https://www.ambassatours.com and check under the Tour Schedule.
See the waterfront or the city’s downtown from a cool and fun vantage point. Tours begin with a quick training session.
2.5- and 4-hour tours on bikes for people of all ages, sizes and abilities.
Running Routes Around Halifax-Dartmouth:
Check out these great maps for scenic running routes around the municipality:
5K (waterfront): http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/gp/bookmark/view/id/7348806
5.6K (downtown tour): http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/gp/bookmark/view/id/7348822
14K (city tour): http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/gp/bookmark/view/id/7348819
6.6K (tour de port et parc): http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/gp/bookmark/view/id/7348814