You are here
Train online with Editors Canada
Since 1979, Editors Canada has been delivering high-quality, local training for editors at every stage of their careers. Now you can get your professional development online with Editors Canada webinars.
Editors Canada 2018–19 webinar schedule
Members of the following associations pay the Editors Canada member rate.
- ACES: The Society for Editing
- Association of Registered Graphic Designers
- Canadian Translators, Terminologists and Interpreters Council
- Editorial Freelancers Association
- Institute of Professional Editors Limited
- Society for Editors and Proofreaders
Please note that registration takes place in two steps.
- Click on the "Register now" link above for the webinar(s) you wish to attend. You will be directed to a payment page.
- Once your payment is complete, you will receive a confirmation email. This email contains instructions to complete your registration on Zoom.us (our host). Be sure to complete this second step on Zoom.us to finalize your registration. Once you've finalized your registration, you will see your unique link to the webinar. You can copy this link down, but you'll also receive a reminder email with your webinar details a day ahead of time.
- Creating Compelling Web Content
- Les réseaux sociaux, comment s'y retrouver
- Are You Certifiable? Preparing for Editors Canada's Certification Exams (free webinar!)
- Content That Counts: Content Development for Niche Media
- Grab Your Career by the Ears and Shake It
- La révision en traduction/adaptation littéraire
- Language Theory: What You're Really Editing Is the Person
- Developmental Editing for Fiction and Memoir
- Getting work with the Online Directory of Editors
- Creating and Maintaining In-House Style Guides
- Let the Fire Burn Brightly: Wordiness Be Gone!
- La langue de l'éducation au Canada, vous connaissez?
- How to Meet People in a Room Full of Strangers
- Introduction to Microsoft Word Styles 101
- From Wordiness to Plain Language : Editing with Style
- Good Grammar: It's More Than a Gut Feel
- How to Evolve Your Writing from Print to Online
- Professional Editorial Standards: How do they work for you?
- La correction d'épreuves de manuels
- A Linguist's Guide to Grammar
- Techniques de révision après traduction
- What's Wrong with This Sentence?
- Programme d’agrément en révision linguistique – Réviseurs Canada : Webinaire d’information (free webinar!)
- Almost Everything You Need to Know about Copy Editing and Grammar Skills
- The WordPress A to Z Webinar Series
- Effective Technical Editing
- Better Time Management for Successful Editors
- Copy Editing Live!
- Estimating Editorial Costs
- Introduction to STEM Editing
- How to Handle Digital Photos
- Getting Your Self-Published Client to a Finished Product
- Editing Award-Winning Proposals
- Starting a Freelance Editing or Writing Career
- Manuscript Evaluation
- Demystifying Permissions Clearance and Photo Research
- Eight-Step Editing: A Systematic Approach to Improving Readability
- Editing for the Web Without Lowering Your Standards
- Turning Your Editing Career into a Teaching Career
- The Editor's Place in Ebook Development
- Achieving Editorial Excellence in K-Adult ESL/ELT Materials
- Meet Gutenberg: The New WordPress Content Editor
- Integrating Plain Language into Your Services: A Four-Part Program
- Punctuation, Period!
- Editing Distressing Content