You are here
Editors Canada Volunteer Participation
- Email Forum Monitor (2011)
- National Executive Council (2013, 2014, 2017, 2018, 2019)
- Nominating Committee (2015)
- Nova Scotia Twig (2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)
- Quebec/Atlantic Canada Branch (2012)
Math, math, and more math is what I edit. Elementary, high school, and college mathematics textbooks: I edit them all, at all stages of the process.
Vast experience editing all levels of el-hi mathematics texts; extensive experience copy-editing college-level statistics, business, and calculus for the life sciences texts.
For 11 years, I copy-edited a physics journal (until it was bought out by an American firm). I have also copy-edited papers for a fascinating journal on gambling issues.
I have also copy-edited or proofread undergraduate-level physics, chemistry, sociology, psychology, biology, nutrition, and financial management textbooks.
I work in Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat (with my stylus), and LaTeX, and am proficient in Microsoft Excel.
I have been a freelance editor since 1995, and wouldn't have it any other way.
I have a degree in Applied Mathematics from the University of Waterloo, as well as a Book and Magazine Publishing Diploma from Centennial College.
In my spare time I love to knit, read, run, cycle, swim, walk, and play with my kitties.
keywords: math, maths, mathematics, physics, biology, chemistry, statistics, business, text, textbook, textbooks, Canadianization, Canadianize, Canadianizing, Canadian, knitting, life sciences
- Copy editing
- Developmental or project editing
- Mark-up and coding
- On-screen editing
- Academic materials, general
- Academic papers and essays
- Curriculum guidelines
- Teachers' guides
- Textbooks, college and university
- Textbooks, elementary and high school
- Finance and taxation
- Life sciences
- Mathematics and statistics
- Physical and chemical sciences
- Psychology and mental health
- Sciences, general
- Social sciences