Editors Canada web and email update: Friday, March 12
As many of you are aware, Editors Canada had a major server problem on February 27, 2021, that took all association websites and email offline. The national office staff has been working with our server technicians and website development team to restore these services.
Here is the current status of our systems.
- The editors.ca and reviseurs.ca websites are back online.
- Webmail access has been restored, although users may find that their stored contacts were deleted when our server technicians installed a newer version of the Roundcube client.
- Editors.ca and reviseurs.ca email users may find that their recipients are not receiving email because it is being flagged as spam.
- Member proxy access to The Chicago Manual of Style Online is offline.
- The email lists are offline.
- The Editors' Weekly home page is online; however, the links to the individual posts are broken.
We understand the frustration this server outage has caused. Please be assured this continues to be our top priority. National office staff is contacting the server technicians several times a day and has escalated the issue. We apologize for the disruption in service and thank you for your continued patience. We will post again when the issues are resolved or there is a significant update.
The national office is also talking to IT companies that could take over support for the association. If you have any suggestions for companies to contact, please let us know. It doesn't have to be large companies, either; we'd happily look into smaller companies/businesses as well. Any and all suggestions are welcome and very much appreciated.